ULTRA DISTANCE TRAINING
TRAIN FOR A 50K
We will have an information night on Feb 9th at 6pm at Fleet Feet Bend to go over the specific details of the training program. We will answer all your questions. But to answer some of them now...
- Your training will be personalized, coached by the 2015 winner and course record holder Ryan Kaiser. This is not your typical handout training program.
- Training begins Feb. 15th and will conclude on May 7th. The goal race is the Smith Rock 50K at Smith Rock State Park in Terrebonne, OR, on May 7th.
- However 50K options other than Smith Rock can be accommodated. Examples; Tillamook Burn 50K; McDonald Forest 50K; Trail Factor 50K or the NUT 50K
- The group will be capped at 20 runners. This is to insure individual attention and a quality program.
- A weekly workout will be personally coached and individual runs will be evaluated with training recommendations made via Strava.
- There will be supplied training gear that is included in your registration fee.
- We will require that all participants will have ran at least a marathon distance within the past 2 years to an equivalent of 4hr30min marathon time.
- The training fee for this program is $250. That breaks down to $20 a week. Most of us spend more on coffee. (This includes professional elite coaching, a $600 value, and a 10% discount on all purchases during the training program at Fleet Feet Bend.)